This week on the Friday 5 we are celebrating Moms. I think this proved out to be a really fun week and I have some good variety. Here are my 5 picks:
- Mama Says from Footloose: The Musical- A really fun little song about listening to your Mom!
- Mother and Child Reunion from Paul Simon- I love Paul Simon’s song writing and it is on display here. It’s a mother and child reunion and the power of that relationship.
- Just a Housewife from Marilyn Mathis, Not Just a Housewife- I wanted to have one song defending the life of a homemaker. This song does a great job with that and I wish I could have included the entire song.
- Your Mother from Kathryn Beaumont and Peter Pan- Kathryn is one of the best vocalists in Disney history and even though I’m not the biggest Peter Pan fan she sings this song beautifully.
- Mama Says from The Shirelles- A classic Motown song about listening to your Mom on the bad days!
What are your favorite songs about Moms? If you have a blog or youtube channel join in with us in the Friday 5 It’s a lot of fun and we have some neat topics coming up. To participate get the topics on the tumbler page. http://thefridayfivemusic.tumblr.com/