Hey guys! I thought I would share with you guys my latest Friday 5 video . Friday 5 is a series where we are given a music-related topic and we are asked to pick 5 songs that fit said topic.
This week the topic is 5 Favorite Male Singers. To make my decision easier I went with solo artists so that took out a John Fogerty, Brian Wilson, or Paul McCartney. After that I had a fairly long list but I wanted to pick people I liked pretty much all of their songs and there had to be a good song I have not used in the Friday 5 yet (this week marks my 150th song recommendation for the Friday 5!).
Here’s what I came up with:
- Fire and Rain- James Taylor. I love Fire and Rain. It sometimes makes me cry if I am feeling down. But honestly I love all of James Taylor’s songs and would love to see him in concert someday.
- Raise Me Up- Josh Groban. Everyone knows I am a Grobanite and I’ve been saving this song because it is perhaps the most expected of Josh Groban. I love Josh Groban’s voice and have seen him 3 times in concert including the best concert experience of my life.
- Piano Man- Billy Joel. You could make an argument that Billy Joel is a stronger songwriter than singer but I still love his voice and his songs. Kind of like Raise Me Up for Groban, it was time to do the expected pick for Billy Joel too.
- Try a Little Tenderness- Michael Buble. This is my 8th Michael Buble pick. I’ve also seen him 3 times in concert and I loved it every time. I love his original stuff and his covers like this classic song.
- Sweet Caroline- Neil Diamond. This last slot I struggled putting a lot of different singers in there. I don’t know if Neil Diamond is really my 5th favorite male singer but I do like him a lot and I hadn’t used this song so I figured why not
What do you think of my 5 songs and 5 artists? What would you have picked? You should join us for the Friday 5 if you have a blog or youtube channel. It’s a ton of fun and next week’s topic is Five Songs About Fools so that should be tough! If you do decide to play keep music clips under 25 seconds. I haven’t been pinged once for copyright since I started that rule.
You can find out more at http://thefridayfivemusic.tumblr.com/
Do you like these Friday 5 posts and hearing my taste on music? I would love your feedback. Thanks!