Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have all had good weeks. The last few months have flown by for me. It’s been a bit dominated by headaches but a lot of fun experiences too.
Mainly I keep growing in my video creation skills. It might not sound like much to be excited about but it really is thrilling to continue learning and growing. Just today I figured out how to alter color in Adobe Premiere (a really tough software to use). That was a huge breakthrough!
Anyway, it keeps me busy and motivated. Next week we have Batman v Superman and I will be reviewing all the Superman and Batman movies on my blog. I have watched all the Batman movies and in the weeds with the Superman movies right now. This weekend is Superman 4, Superman Returns and Man of Steel…Yikes!
On Sunday I am doing a ranking video with my friends Abby and Jeremy where we are each giving our rankings for the Star Wars films. It’s been tougher than I thought because I like most of them for different reasons. Here’s the link if you are interested in watching. https://plus.google.com/events/c7gog64knsdhfnbve6521ehh6k4?authkey=CLedlabMkNfIhAE
This week for the Friday 5 the topic is Songs from When I Was a Teenager. This one was actually kind of easy for me as they are still songs I love.
- Who Am I? From Les Miserables- I am running out of Les Miserables songs but I had to pick one for this category because Les Mis was the first music I really fell in love with and I still love it to this day
- Ease on Down the Road- Musical theater was pretty much the music that meant the most to me in high school. In fact, theater was more important to me than film or books at that time. The Wiz was my favorite play I was ever in hence this song on the countdown.
- Hands by Jewel- Jewel’s Spirit album really spoke to me. I remember my friends even getting annoyed with me because I would just play it over and over again (that’s so my personality. Repetition never bothered me). I still love the album and song.
- Thy Word by Amy Grant- My Mother and I had a lot of conflict about music. I felt she judged me too harshly for the music I liked and sought her validation. It was kind of silly looking back on it but Amy Grant was a singer I felt was an olive branch to my Mom. She was Christian and a pleasant singer we could both agree on. Thy Word is one of my favorite of her songs.
- Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight- REM’s Automatic for the People is another album I listened repeatedly too throughout my teen years. I still love every song. This is a deeper cut but it’s got a great hook and I love that you can hear Michael laughing in the take. That’s just awesome.
So those are my Friday 5 and a little updates on things going on. What about you? What are your favorite songs from when you were a teenager? What do you think of my list?
Are you pumped for Batman v Superman and what is your favorite Batman or Superman movie? How would you rank the Star Wars films?
Sorry this post is a little jumbled but sometimes it just works out that way. Love you guys!